This technical guide provides a summary of the key changes to the superannuation legislation.
The changes are extensive and complex, and impact on both the contributions, benefit payment and reporting regimes – creating the need to comprehensively review your clients' accounts and current strategy positions.
This guide covers a number of changes including:
- Concessional contributions
- Non-concessional contributions
- Transition to retirement income streams
- Transfer balance cap
- Death benefits and how they impact on the surviving beneficiaries transfer balance account
- Deducting personal contributions - no more 10% rule